Forestry & mining
Since incorporation, Villeneuve Construction has been a major player in Northern Ontario’s forestry industry.
Utilizing the capacity of our engineers, technicians and skilled workers, and having acquired a complete forestry-machinery fleet, we have developed unparalleled expertise in meeting year-round forestry-related challenges.
Villeneuve Construction is able to undertake all forestry projects, including but not limited to:
- Forest road access construction
- Log hauling
- Stump-to-dump contracts (i.e. planning and design of projects, felling, land transformation, loading and hauling)
- Highway right-of-way clearing & grubbing
In recent years, Villeneuve Construction has recognized the value of the mining industry in Northern Ontario. We have qualified project managers, experienced supervisors and operators with access to state-of-the-art equipment for all mining development needs. We have built up our capacity to satisfy mine development and rehabilitation needs and requirements. Our services are various, and include:
- On-site access roads
- Mine site clearing and grubbing
- Overburden removal
- Site facility earthworks
- Ore removal and transportation
- Berm construction / diversions
- Creek and pond relocation
- Ditching for water management
- Settling ponds
- Replanting of plant life, and
- Site access road maintenance
Villeneuve Construction also provides equipment and labour to our clients on short and long-term rental basis.
From forestry to mining, and road upgrade projects, our collaboration with First Nations communities across northern Ontario help us deliver on projects of varying sizes. We continue to collaborate with our First Nations partners in an effort to bind communities across Northern Ontario in effective, mutually beneficial relationships.
We recognize the value and safety of our employees on all projects, and we take the utmost precautions to ensure that all safety regulations and requirements are met at all times.